Let's Make It Work For You
Here at Direct Computers we took the decision the join with Avast to bring our clients the best security for their devices. In a time like this our staff and most others are likely working remotely and between children, pets and managing meals it's not always easy. While unfortunately we can't help with these issues we can provide you with relief about staying safe online during this period. Avast have took it upon themselves to offers a Privacy Protection Bundle which we think is great! It's more important now then ever to make sure your online privacy is secure.
Avast SecureLine VPN
A VPN, or virtual private network, is a secure, encrypted connection between two networks or between an individual user and a network. VPNs allow you to surf the web in privacy. To see your online activity, who you are, where you like to visit, all anyone has to do is look. Worse, they can follow you home. You’re traceable. A VPN works like a shroud of disguise, masking you in anonymity. You are cloaked in data encryption and safely hidden behind a false IP address.
The VPN encrypts everything you do online, everything you send and receive. By accessing the web only through a VPN gate, the source of your connection is shown as one of the many VPN routers, not your own. Avast SecureLine VPN will hide your IP address, encrypt your connection, and allow you to access a world of content all at lightning-fast speeds.
- Stream from anywhere - If you’re abroad and you try to access a streaming account you use in the US, you may find some shows are not available in that region. But if you choose a US-based IP address, all your favorites are at your fingertips, just as though you were home.
- Access blocked websites - Certain institutions — schools, libraries, job sites — restrict access to specific web pages such as social media, but the encrypted connection provided by your VPN will tunnel right through.
- Avoid censorship - Every government has an agenda, and some go to extremes to control information. While circumventing government restrictions could certainly be considered illegal in some of these countries, we’re of the mind that unadulterated free speech is a good thing.
- Beat price discrimination - Price discrimination can hit you two ways. One is by your location — people in San Francisco or New York have a higher cost of living and therefore higher incomes. Clever businesses know this and program their sites to display a higher cost of goods to users based in those areas. (This is very common among the airlines.) The other way you can experience price discrimination results from your ISP tracking your purchases and preferences. As it learns you regularly buy a specific product, it can sell the product manufacturer your info, and you may see that product’s price go up for you, because they know you’re going to buy it. The privacy and anonymity of a VPN keeps you free of this kind of targeting.
- Don’t be tracked - It bears repeating as its own section — don’t let yourself be tracked by hackers, cybercriminals, corporations, the government, or even your own ISP. Keep yourself free from repression, targeting, and discrimination.
Online tracking is the process of gathering information about you through sophisticated analytics embedded on websites. Information gained via online tracking is used to create your unique online profile (or digital fingerprint), which allows advertisers to identify you online. This can affect you in several ways:
- Advertisers may use information about your online behavior to spam you with targeted advertising.
- Certain websites may also show higher prices for products that you have been researching online, such as plane tickets.
- Many of your favorite websites store huge amounts of information about you, which is vulnerable to data breaches. If this data is breached, third parties can access and use your personal data.
Avast AntiTrack is a privacy application designed to keep your identity safe from the latest online tracking techniques.
Avast AntiTrack injects fake information into the data that makes up your digital fingerprint. This action changes what information trackers and third parties can see about you. Avast AntiTrack also clears tracking cookies and other tracking data from your browser.
Together they give you the best privacy protection to make your work from home life that little bit easier.